The Agriculture Opportunities in Missouri site serves as a resource to help Missouri producers learn about alternative agriculture opportunities that are available and assess these opportunities based on a given producer’s local market opportunities, level of expertise, financial position and available agronomic and machinery resources.
Currently, the site shares information about a diverse mix of cover crops, bioenergy crops, specialty crops and other alternative crops. In the future, however, look for an expanded site that features information about other alternative agriculture opportunities.
Using the icons to the left, you can access the five Agriculture Opportunities in Missouri tools. Click through these five tools to discover more about Missouri alternative agriculture opportunities and explore whether a particular opportunity would be well-suited for your farm!
- The National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Small & Medium Sized Farms Program, competitive grant no. 2013-68006-30180 from the United States Department of Agriculture
- The National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Bioenergy Program, competitive grant no. 2013-67009-20419 from the United States Department of Agriculture
- The National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Capacity Building Program, competitive grant no. 2013-67009-20419 form the United State Department of Agriculture
- The Agricultural Marketing Service, Specialty Crop Block Grant Program, competitive grant no. 16SCBGPMO0003 from the United States Department of Agriculture
- College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, University of Missouri
- College of Agriculture, Environmental and Human Sciences, Lincoln University
- University of Missouri Extension
- Division of Applied Social Sciences, University of Missouri